So, something that we won’t tell you is how we accidentally discover cocktail recipes. Well, we’re breaking that rule today! I bet you’re wondering about this Thanksgiving pumpkin cocktail. Well this was accidentally discovered by trying to make pumpkin rounds. Isn’t it funny how these things happen? When I dipped that wine glass into the pumpkin pie, failing to make a pumpkin round, I ended up with a great idea. So, let’s get down to business shall we?
I love Thanksgiving as much as the next person. The food, the family, the friends. It’s such a great holiday! So this Thanksgiving pumpkin cocktail can be used in addition to the Thanksgiving Sangria for sure! Honestly, I only thought about three Thanksgiving posts, but you’re now getting four! I created this Thanksgiving pumpkin cocktail using household ingredients, so I’m sure that you can do this easily without going out and buying ingredients. That’s what I love about creating cocktails. Using the things that you can find around the house is the best, isn’t it?
- Pumpkin Pie (or edible adhesive of your choice)
- Milk (we used almond milk but any kind will do)
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (or cinnamon/nutmeg)
- Brown Sugar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocktail Shaker
- Wine glass (or glass of your choice)
- Dip your glass into the pumpkin pie. Make sure you only get the rim. Don’t worry about the pie because you’re going to decorate the pie later with whipped cream!
- Pat down rim of the glass with pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice then half way with milk.
- Add in the vanilla extract, maple syrup, a dash of pumpkin pie spice, and a dash of brown sugar.
- Pour in your desired amount of alcohol.
- Shake the cocktail shaker for about 30 seconds.
- Pour drink through the cocktail shakers strainer, making sure to get minimal ice in the glass.
- And enjoy!
We did this recipe with vodka, but you can totally use bailey’s.
Make sure you check out this post on planning Friendsgiving last minute. It’s really helpful and you will get the most out of this Thanksgiving pumpkin cocktail recipe! The featured image above is not the final result. You can see the final result on Instagram.
The featured image on this article is provided by Pexels. It is under the CCO license. It does not reflect the results that we received or that you may receive.