We are starting off 14 Days of Valentines with a delicious twist! For some reason, I am always trying to find new ways to put alcohol in my food. Some call it crazy, but I call it adulting. I have recently discovered whipped cream vodka and it has changed my world! I’m always about the easiness, and despite what the title says, these cupcakes are super easy. Shall we get into it?
Ingredients (Makes approx. 24)
- Red Velvet Box Cake Mix
- ¼ cup Red Wine Moscato- I used Barefoot
- Cupcake liners
- Follow the directions on the box for pre-heat temperature.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk or use a hand mixer until smooth.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- Scoop the mixture into the liners, and bake according to the time on the cake box.
- Stick a fork in the cupcakes to make sure they’re done.
Vodka Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of whipped cream flavored vodka (I used Pinnacle)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and used a hand mixer to mix until you reach your desired frosting consistency.
If you made this recipe, be sure to tell us how it went in the comments!
If you like these types of posts or if you’re looking for more pieces that will make you hungry, click here.