So I love a nice good thick hot chocolate! I used to have packets from Italy that you could pour with milk that would be super thick. However, I ran out, and haven’t gotten around to buying more. But have no fear, I found a great alternative thanks to AllRecipes! But, we are going to add our own little twist to it. What are we going to do? Yes, you read the title right. We are making spiked peppermint hot chocolate!
Of course, this recipe can be done with regular hot chocolate packets, but I promise you that it won’t be as good as this. Furthermore, this recipe is perfect for the holidays, and it is super easy to make. Additionally, most of the items you probably have at home! Even more perfect, right? So, shall we get into it?
- ¹⁄³ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ¹⁄³ cup boiling water
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- Smirnoff Peppermint Twist Vodka
- Marshmallow and whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for about 2 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn it!
- Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil!
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour the cream and your desired amount of peppermint vodka into the mixture.
- Top with marshmallows and whipped cream.
So, I make my own whipped cream, which you can find the recipe for by clicking here. However, for more holiday posts, please check out the winter archives! There’s some awesome posts and more recipes there! Additionally, I hope you enjoyed this delicious spiked peppermint hot chocolate.
If you like these types of posts or if you’re looking for more pieces that will make you thirsty, click here.
The featured image on this article is provided by Pexels. It is under the CCO license.