Raise your hand if you love a good milkshake! Now, I used to think milkshakes and alcohol should not go together. I love a good milkshake, and let me tell you, I am a true ice cream connoisseur. However, this boozy mudslide is probably one of my best ones yet! It’s a little bit on the difficult side, but it is so worth it. You can surprise your significant other or yourself or your friends with this recipe, perfect for your valentines.
Now, a little background story of how I came up with this. I love a good Irish coffee as well, and I was planning a recipe for a boozy Irish coffee. Because I love ice cream so much, I decided that I would turn the recipe into a mudslide instead. Well, what about the colors? We have to have some pink or red, right? It definitely worked out, and I think you will enjoy this recipe.
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 4 scoops of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Milk
- Whipped Cream Vodka
- Strawberries or red food coloring (for coloring)
- Whipped Cream/ Reddi Whip (for topping)
Method (White Chocolate Mudslide)
Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, microwaving them in 30-second intervals so they don’t burn. Make sure the consistency is loose enough to line the inside of your jar or glass.
- In a blender add the vanilla bean ice cream and milk. You can go a little more or a little less with the milk depending on your desired thickness.
- Add about 4 shots (or more) of the whipped cream vodka, and your desired amount of strawberries or red food coloring to give it that pink color.
- Blend until you get your desired thickness. Add more ice cream if you want it thicker.
- Pour in a glass and top it off with some whipped cream!
If you like these types of posts or if you’re looking for more pieces that will make you thirsty, click here.